Mr.Erskine
Looking up

First Name: Benjamin
Trading: (1)
Mr.Erskine is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 2016 MLB Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
Any thoughts on the two players voted into the HOF today?

Me, I have no problem at all with Griffey Jr. I guess one could quibble that he needed another couple of years active, but I won't be one of those.

As for Piazza, I think his numbers would prevent me from voting him in, were it not for the fact that he holds the HR record for a catcher. He was a powerful offensive weapon. On the other hand, he was not much of a defensive backstop, either as a receiver or with his arm. In my book, he was not a Posada, much less a Pudge. But that's me, and I won't begrudge the Pizzaman.
Griffey--YES! Griffey is probably my number one all time favorite players to watch, even though I was never a fan of any of the teams he played for. Although, I could stomach the Mariners.

Piazza--when I was younger, I was a Dodger fan, right through his rookie season. I always thought Mike Piazza was a solid player. Unfortunately, because of the flash of the players of the 90's and the fact that numbers are inflated more and more ever year, solid players wind up getting overlooked for the players that put on a show (See Craig Biggio and how long he had to wait to get voted in)