View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 11:04 AM   #596
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation
Default Re: What are you roasting today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B View Post
Shane, if you dont mind a little chaf escaping, you can open the door on the Behmor and the cool down will take half as long. Another reason I roast outdoors.
I can get 3/4 lb into second crack very easily. Preheat the roaster for almost 2 minutes (if you go over this amount of time it will shut down for a short while, safty feature). Press 1LB option on P1 profile and add all the extra time you can. If you dont use an extension cord, you will not lose much power.
I dont take my beans much past 5-10 seconds into 2nd crack, ever. I just dont like the "burnt taste". I like the Fruit, the citrus, the coco, and the baking spice that gets burnt out of beans when taken deep into or past 2nd crack.
I follow the same cleaning regement as the other above. Simple Green too.
I do not preheat with the beans inside the unit. However, if you want to go deep into 2nd crack, that would probably be the way to do it.
Yah I wouldn't really go past the beginning of second crack, just wanted to make sure you could. I will likely be roasting in the garage, nice to know I can open the door without shutting the cool down off.
I am likely going to order one within the next week or two.
Thanks for the info.