Thread: St/ds-001
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 03:38 AM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default St/ds-001

This cigar is so brand spanking new that it doesn't even have a name or a band. It is part of Studio Tobac sampler and has a 'project name' ST/DS-001. All I know is that this 6x54 cigar is an all maduro blend. I got this cigar in the Studio Tobac sampler.

The wrapper is dry but oily, almost black but it feels silky. I think that this is another Mexican San Andreas maduro wrapper. I see a few thin veins. The cigar has a mild barnyard smell and a great construction. The predraw is fine and I taste spicy tobacco with some pepper in the aftertaste.

I taste spicy soil. The spice is mainly noticeable in the aftertaste with a little sweetness. After half an inch I taste spicy wood with a little bit of pepper. After an inch I also get a little bit of dark chocolate.

Halfway I taste some cacao, some herbs and a little bit of a musty flavor. The herbs slowly grow stronger with I get some pepper in the aftertaste. The cacao is a bit bitter and the herbs are getting stronger again. The flavors are like cacao powder with herbs and some black pepper in the aftertaste.

This cigar lasted me an hour and fifty minutes. The draw was very good but I had to correct the burn a few times. The smoke is thick and plentiful. The light colored ash is coarse but firm. This cigar is full flavored and medium to full bodied but also a bit boring, especially the middle part of the cigar.

Would I buy this cigar again? No, even if it was possible I wouldn't. It is a decent smoke, but there are better cigars out there

Appearance: 9 / 10
Construction: 8 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 7 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10