View Single Post
Old 02-19-2020, 11:01 AM   #66
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all
Default Re: Lacto-Fermentation

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
Took the pulp from the low speed juicer and put it in a stainless bowl and put a fan on top of it blowing down so I could dehydrate the solids. Took a few days, then I ground them in the coffee grinder I keep just for spices. This stuff was awesome. Unfortunately, as you could imagine the yield is very low.
I do this with the pulp from straining ground up peppers from past hot sauce runs, makes for a fantastic chili powder but the yields were always very low. I usually lay them out on parchment paper in a baking sheet and set the oven to "Keep Warm" or whatever the lowest setting is, takes a few hours but works well, after that I grind the dried pulp down to a powder in a mortar and pestle. When I was moving last year I realized I had way too many jars of fermented chilis so I took a full jar and dried them out on a couple baking sheets, took a little longer but I ended with about 2oz of powder that I now sprinkle on everything, it's not very spicy but adds a nice funkiness to whatever I put them in