View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 07:23 AM   #45
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Spartacus Blood and Sand

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
Only viewed the first episode of the first season, but man was I disappointed. I have been watching Game of
Thrones, so I was used to a certain level of acting and set pieces, and man once I saw that "300" style greenscreen
digital sets and this crazy flying blood and blood used as transition, man, was I upset. I had read nary a bad comment
on the show in this thread, so I was expecting something similar to GoT, and like I said, what a disappointment.
I have all of the first season ready to watch, so I am going to watch them all regardless, and I am sure that
it will seem less "wrong" to me as I go forward, but I guess there is something to be said for never having watched 300
to begin with. Makes Game of Thrones all that much more impressive. And then all at once it hit me...this is from STARZ.
Sorry it didn't impress you the first time off. If you stick with it, I think you may find it is worthy of its own merits.

Comparing it to Game of Thrones is like comparing apples and oranges. (Or apples to any object) The only similarity is that both shows have characters using swords.