View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 10:37 AM   #2
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Smoker for a Newbie - Need Suggestions

When people ask this question, I usually tell them what I HAVE. I think it is the best idea for a fence-sitter
because it can do EVERYTHING. It has a liftable charcoal grate, so you can cook slow or hot and fast for steaks.
It is primarily just a grill. But it is LONG enough to do what it is I DO when I want to smoke meat.
I pile all the coals on one side and all the meat on the other 2/3 of the space for really good indirect heat smoking
all in the same grill space.

I use the Super-Pro....

I can fit 4/5 racks of ribs or 2 or 3 butts on there configured the way I do it. YES, it costs about the
same as the one you linked to, BUT it is a grill, whereas your link is just a smoker. I made one little
mod to the stack to where it comes down to the grill grate, and other than that I just smoke with it.
I really don't GRILL much, but if I did, I could do that super easy.

My local Kroeger has them for $99 right now, and I am thinking about getting another to take to
my sister's house when I visit in August.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote