View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 03:46 PM   #1
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Greycliff Chateau Grand Cru

Received this as a gift and thought I’d give an NC a go. Always been curious about Greycliff; they’re have a superlative wine cellar and quite a cigar rolling floor. Cigar is about a Churchill size. No idea what it is called?

The cigar has a gorgeous dark brown oily wrapper the very fine veins. It has a perfect triple cap, with an oily feel and some plume; very impressive looking and feeling. The smell is barnyard and the first initial puffs are of chocolate with a pleasant aftertaste. It is medium-full strength with a spicy core that leaves a touch of fresh olive oil notes on the tongue.

The cigar really lets out a tremendous volume of cigar without every feeling under filled. Habanos should take notice. Are they bunched differently than Habanos?

Past the first third, the spiciness really picks up. I think I should slow down a little on it. The spice was due to excessive heat which subsided into a real rich velvety bouquet once I slowed down.

This is some cigar! Bravo. For me, I know it’s not a Cuban cigar. Lacks the twang and familiarity I am use to. Not that it is bad, just different. Like your woman wearing a wig in bed; different & a change of pace, yet just as nice and pleasing.