View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 10:14 PM   #1
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Col. & Rev.Views - Three Nuns 2014

Three Nuns – 2014

0.0 - 2.0 = poor/inferior quality
2.1 - 2.9 = fair
3.0 - 3.5 = good
3.5 - 4.5 = excellent
4.6 - 5.0 = superior

1) Aesthetics: These come as smaller disk, light brown predominates with some dark tobacco in the center, but much of it is already broken up. This looks really good in the tin.
Score for aesthetics: 4.8

2) Pre-light Construction: I rubbed this out, simply because it pretty much fell apart. It has some sweetness and nutty notes to the nose. It is fairly moist, but not soggy. I loaded it up without drying out just to try it as is.

Score for Pre-light construction: 4.0

3) Post-light Construction/How it smoked: It takes to a match easily, burns evenly and fairly cool. It did produce a bit of a gurgle fairly quickly, but that was expected given the moisture content – a pipe cleaner took care of it right quick and it remained dry smoking after that.

Score for post-light construction: 4.5

4) Flavor and strength: This is a fairly simple and straight forward tobacco. While there are some Virginias in here, the burley seems to dominate. Slightly sweet, but more nutty. And easy smoke and fairly light on the palate, with a bit of woodsiness to it.

Score for flavor and strength: 3.3

5) Aftertaste/Finish: The finish was ephemeral, fading very quickly. It was simple tobacco.

Score for aftertaste: 3.4

6) Aroma/Room note: Again, simple tobacco. It was not unpleasant, just sort of mild, bordering on boring.

Score for aroma: 2.9

7) General Comments: I smoked this while sipping some water and some Angel’s Envy, it had more flavor with the water than the Bourbon. It was a pleasant smoke, but nothing that “WOWed” me.

Overall score for the tobacco: 3.3

8) Recommendation: I have a whole tin to smoke, so I’ll hold off till after a few more bowls. I do not know that it is a blend I will reach for often, but it was a nice change of pace.