View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 04:30 AM   #15
borndead1
Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla

First Name: Mark
Trading: (7)
Partagas
borndead1 has a spectacular aura aboutborndead1 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Silound's Dog-Rocket Review Challenge!

Now reviewing: Dog Rocket #1 Sorry, no camera. I am meeting up with HK3 later this week and will ask him to bring his camera and snap a few pics.

From Silound's description: #1. Nicaraguan robusto. These will NOT humidify past the brittle hard stage, no matter how high the humidity they’re kept at. I keep them in my 55% long term box. No name to them, just a cheap bundle cigar.

My take: Not an attractive cigar. Several blemishes including some black spots on the wrapper. Cap is very crooked but cuts ok. Can see several stems in the clipped head. This cigar looks to be short filler.

Pre-light draw: OMG, Silound, are you sure this thing is made from tobacco? Aw man...what the hell did I get myself into? Pre-light draw tastes like mildewy hay.

Lit it up and smelled the smoke coming from the foot. Smells like....mildewy hay that has just been set on fire.

First few draws are very harsh. Flavor is bad but not unbearably so. Tastes like...mildewy hay that is burning. At this point if I had to guess I would say this was a Thompson cigar.

It's not the worst cigar I've ever smoked. The flavor on the draw is not *too* nasty, but the nose exhale is making my nose run and it leaves an aftertaste of....

can you guess?.....

Mildewy hay!

This..."cigar" is supposedly Nicaraguan, but I swear I can taste some low quality Honduran tobacco as well. Oh, almost forgot. Burn and draw are absolutely perfect!

LMAO!!!!!! I just did a flame purge and it made my smoke detector go off!!!!

Around 1/3 through, and amazingly the mildewy flavor is almost gone. Maybe thanks to the flame purge? Still making my nose run to nose exhale.

OK, I'm gonna take a REALLY big draw so I can get a good spectrum (rectum?) of flavors. Will do a French inhale, a nose exhale, and concentrate on the finish.

OK, after doing that I gotta tap out. Made it about halfway through.

Final thoughts:

Like I said, this was not the worst cigar I've ever smoked, but it was pretty nasty.
borndead1 is offline   Reply With Quote