View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 03:16 PM   #53
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of
Default Re: College Hoops Thread '09-'10

I should really learn to trust my instincts. Gary Williams has a habit of falling on his face, and I saw the chance he'd do so against Cincinnati. Sure enough, the Bearcats cracked the Turtles 69-57, and # 21 Maryland won't be # 21 next week. Plus the other ranked teams did little domination last night either. F'instance:

# 3 Texas 78 - Pitt 62 = The 'Horns won the game, but lost their starting guard Varez Ward, perhaps for a while.

# 8 West Virginia 69 - The Citadel 50 = The game wasn't in doubt, but The Citadel? Pleeze.

# 10 Syracuse 88 - Cornell 73 = Again, pleeze.

# 17 Ohio State 84 - Lipscomb 64 = Lipscomb? Must I say pleeze?

# 20 Illinois - 78 - Wofford 64 = This was tied @ 50 when the Illini went on an 8-0 run. And this was in Champaign to boot!

# 23 Notre Dame 80 - Kennesaw St. 62 = And another turkey undercooked.

# 24 Vanderbilt 68 - Chaminade 41 = OK, I can live with this one.

As for the games today, note that the Terrapins are in early trouble again, trailing Wisconsin late in the 1st half. The other games include:

# 1 Kansas vs. Oakland = This bird should be done before it starts.
# 5 Kentucky vs. Stanford = And if this was a contest of SATs, it would be over too.
# 7 Duke vs. Arizona State = Who cares?
# 13 U. Conn vs. LSU = Here might be a contest.
# 24 Vandy vs. Arizona = Here will be one.
# 25 Oklahoma vs. San Diego = And nobody cares here either.

Enjoy, and have a wonderful Thanksgiving (you turkeys).
The Poet is offline   Reply With Quote