View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 11:54 AM   #65
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Project Of The Day : Lingerie Dresser

I got an email this morning from Stuart at Vectric. They're the outfit that make the software I use to create stuff, it's called Aspire.
The program is kinda like Photoshop or something on that order, but geared to what a cnc machine can do, then you create "toolpaths" for each bit used in the CNC machine. It takes lots of toolpaths to make something and there's no software that can figure that stuff out.
You have to take tooling into consideration when you create something, and know how you're going to get the machine to make it while you create it.

Anyways, they picked up the pics of Weeze's dresser and asked if they could feature them at their website where they sell the software.
These guys, along with Shopbot, are the absolute best customer service people I have ever run into in my life, bar none. They'll call you from home at 9:00 at night if need be, and they're literally happy to do it. They're involved 100% in the industry, as evidenced by them finding the pics of the dresser.
I told them "absolutely". The dresser will be on their site after the first of the year.
I thought that was cool.