Thread: NHL 2013 Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 11:26 AM   #35
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: NHL '12 - '13 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvickery View Post
i am(and always have been)on the side of the players.

50/50 split...players will be lucky(really lucky) to get this after the nba settlement last year.the players and owners remain steadfast with there stance. and just exactly what revenues are they going to share.

this and a salary rollback appear to be the main issue...i know if i was offered a 23% wage cut(for the second time)...i would be willing to walk away from my job...forever.

where is the wha when you need em...time is right for a second pro league.

to me a perfect solution would be a 16 game season followed by the playoffs...regular season is way way too long.players would be happy to play 16 games at 500,000 per game.

doesnt help that the commish looks like the count from sesame street...thats one...one lockout...thats two...two wonderful lockouts...

frustrated fan rambles on
derrek
Both sides are to blame. The players for their part in shaping the prior CBA. The owners and their GMs for circumventing the intention of the CBA with legalese to give themselves the best competitive edge possible. It'll never change. Laywers write the CBA from both ends, then the same lawyers are used to take advantage of it so that each team has the best fighting chance. End result is unsustainable 17 year $100 million contracts and teams losing money.

Contract the teams that the league owns. That's a start. Then negotiate from there.