View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 05:39 PM   #5445
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

First Name: Frank
Trading: (20)
LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all
Default Re: First Firearm Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fissure View Post
Sorry to hear about your dog

Beautiful gun. Never looked in to building one and probably never will. What does it cost at non gouger prices to put something like that together? Bought my neighbors DPMS 243 after he passed away at a great price, but might want to get a 223 eventually.
well, PARTS on that gun were about $1000.
The upper, despite its slick looks which I hope will allow it to tell for a high price, really didn't cost me any more than a normal looking upper.

putting together and upper receiver can be a little tricky from the perspective that it requires a few specific tools. But the lowers are easy to put together without any tools, except maybe a cheap butt stock wrench. you may also want to spend the extra $15 on a "bolt catch pin punch" from brownells... I'm very glad I did for mine, saves you from scratching your new receiver.