Old 02-28-2011, 08:49 AM   #14
itsme_timd
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Tim
Trading: (3)
ERdM
itsme_timd will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Atlanta Smoke shops/BOTL?

I think most of the guys here having given you the same info I would...

Highland is a great place, no cutting fee if you take your own as their focus is more on the bar area - GREAT Scotch selection, decent beer, bourbon and rum selection. It's in an area called Inman Park and there are a lot of eateries, etc. within walking distance. I love this area of Atlanta.

Buckhead is great, Mike and Borum are a trip. Plus you can order a 32 oz. Cowboy Cut ribeye and have it served to you in the B&M. My home shop is Wise Ash (C4 Club rep-ree-zent!) like Matt and Albert. Truly is a great shop and Tracy recently expanded into a much, much bigger location.

If you're staying at the downtown Hilton on Courtland make sure to check out Trader Vic's in the Hilton. Kind of a Mecca for rum nerds and one of the few remaining TV's. It's rumored (and disputed) that "Trader Vic" invented the Mai Tai... whether he did or not they make a great one here - and the food is excellent but a bit spendy.

Whoodeni already PM'd me about a herf so we'll see what we can do for ya, hope you enjoy The ATL!