View Single Post
Old 07-26-2016, 12:05 PM   #10
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation
Default Re: Car buying possibly gone wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by G G View Post
Talked to a lawyer friend from another forum I am on. He advised me that there probably is nothing to be done as far as fraud goes. His recommendation is for him to send them a strongly worded letter asking for either to rescind the deal and them take the car back, which probably has a low chance of being accepted (but he said you never know til you try) or asking for a refund of $1500 since that represents 10% of the purchase price which would in his estimation be reasonable. In the letter will be a veiled threat that if there is no satisfaction then I will be filing a complaint with Chevrolet Corporate. I guess we will see what happens.

After thinking about it I am just going to ask for the refund since I have spent $200 bucks for window tinting, and $300 for a performance tune and I doubt that I would be able to get that back. If they were to give me $1500 that will make it worth it to me.

On the advice of the attn. I ran a carfax on it just now and there is no reported damage or anything else on the car. Which is the whole problem in a nutshell to me. The salesman is guilty of dishonesty by omission in my opinion which I guess isn't a crime but that don't make it right.
Once all is said and done, I would do this anyway.
Inform them what happened in a non-threatening way. Much like you did in this thread. Whether or not they act upon it is up to them. But they should certainly be made aware.