Old 02-04-2009, 06:42 AM   #8
germantown rob
Still not Adjusted

First Name: Rob
Trading: (1)
Partagas
germantown rob is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Looking for a Coffee Roaster

air roasters are fine for small amounts of home roast but at 65g per roast the end result does not even make a full pot of coffee and to get 3-4 pounds a week than you would have to roast 16 times. I started with a roaster that claims to do 1# but that died after 6 months and after repair it has a tough time doing 1/4#. I than upgraded to the HotTop B which costs around $720 but has produced 3-4#'s per week for 14 months straight with 0 problems. A friend has the Gene Cafe which is around $495 and is also a great roaster and he has had to fix it 1 in 2-3 years. Both of these roasters will handle 280g of green beans that produce 1/2# of roasted beans. It depends on your roasting needs and commitment so starting with an air roaster for under $100 may be a good way start.

I like the reviews Sweet Maria's does for their products and their green beans plus customer service is A+.
http://www.sweetmarias.com/index.html

Mr Moo made a BBQ roaster and has posted details on it which can do 2#'s at a time and I don't believe it costs to much to make one of these.
germantown rob is offline   Reply With Quote