View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 01:40 PM   #9
kgoings
Cigarologist

First Name: Kirk
Trading: (42)
HUpmann Army (Served With Honor)
kgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Vinotemp & Electrical Help...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorhog View Post
Hey all - anyone that knows about electronics that could help me out? I replaced the control board on my vinotemp, and when I plugged it back in I noticed that one the fans mounted to the heatsink on back was not spinning. It is dust free like it has never worked. I swapped where the two fans are plugged in on the control board to rule out a problem with the board, and the fan still did not work while the other one did. So I'm pretty sure it is a bad fan. However, I'm having a hard time finding a replacement. It only has 2 wires, and is a 92mm fan, whereas all the fans I have around are 80mm case fans.
I found an 80mm case fan that I think might work, but the amperage is a little different. The original fan says 0.16A, and the new fan says 0.14A. It has two wires like the original fan, but it goes to a 4 pin computer connector. I was thinking I could cut off the computer connector and swap it for the connector from the original fan. It would not cover as much area, but it should do the job. Anyone that could let me know if this fan will work, despite the differences in amperage?
Where did you get the control board? Why did you have to replace it?