View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 08:46 PM   #39
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

First Name: Frank
Trading: (20)
LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all
Default Re: Buying a new laptop- Apple?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGodX View Post
What would be a quality machine? I'm not crazy about Dell. Sony? Lenovo? HP? Toshiba?
Yes to the above really. Good and bad equipment from all of them. More important, yes to THE ABOVE. Add in Acer and Asus. Point of the matter, Stay the hell away from off brands. KEY POINT, talk to a tech guy.

I was shopping today fora new computer for my shipping bench. browsing two different sites. One of them had good machines... the other (same brands) had shitty machines. And by shity, I don't mean unreliable, I mean under spec'd and guaranteed that whoever buys it will HATE his life. For example, a Vista machine with only 1gb of ram. That's damned near criminal IMO.....

Oh and PS: I don't use A/V on my windows box. Gotten one virus in the last 4 years....