Way out there

First Name: Jared
Trading: (12)
HdM
jluck will become famous soon enoughjluck will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Carrying cheap smokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitar4001 View Post
It's good that the guy finished the smoke - being new to cigars and all. One of my pet peeves is folks who bum cigars and don't finish.

///TRUE STORY ALERT///

When I was in Afghanistan someone sent us a TON of Fuentes and a handful of cubans in the same big box. Normally I would divide the good cigars between our various companies and locations, but this time, a bunch of grabby hands made off with the whole lot in my absense before we could split them up.

The next day I went to the hut that the culprits shared and to my horror, there were about 20-25 cigars (Opus X, Hemingways, a God of Fire, and at least 2x Upmann #2) CRUSHED OUT on the ground - all with less than an inch smoked. About 5 guys were trying the cigars to see which ones "had flavors". I traded them a box of tampa sweets for the remaining cigars in the box (which were sitting in the 85 degree sun) and they were happy. I then gave them a talk about handrolled cigars vs. machine made cigars. I am always glad to share what I have with others, but these guys basically threw away about $300 in good smokes that others would have enjoyed.
This should be posted in troop support threads too for the people that "will only send good sticks". Sad sad story.
jluck is offline   Reply With Quote