Thread: CC's or NC's?
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 11:12 AM   #44
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CC's or NC's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieBklyn View Post
Im very impressed by the amount of replys to all posts on this site, great job guys!

Ofcourse I will only smoke what I like. The point I am making is in my experiences talking to many life long smokers it seems like when people start smoking CC's thier is often a point of no return to NC's. They just stick with CC's ans almost rate NC's as second hand smokes. Although it doesn't seem that way by this group's responses.
From what I've watched over the years, lots of brothers do just as you said, ending up and stopping at cc's with seldom a look back.
There's another thing that happens, too...
Generally speaking, they've tried everything along the way. They've learned who makes good, solid nc's that have done it for years without a hitch. They've learned how to smell a "gimmick" or a cigar producer who's just in it for the coin. They've learned that it's not necessary to jump on every limited edition cigar, and know how to find a good value smoke.
I'd even go so far as saying that most all-cc or mostly-cc smokers tend to veer away from cc LE's and RE's, waiting until a buzz develops from seasoned, trusted botl's before they'll even consider jumping on something "new and improved".
That's the polar opposite of what a large (or at least vocal) portion of nc smokers do.
It's really a whole metamorphisis, and it's just plain fun. The whole trip.
Somewhere along the way the cigars teach a respectful tolerance of each other's desires (smoke what you like/live and let live), and that seems to spread out in all facets of their life. It's cool how the love of the leaf turns into a deep love of our brothers.