View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 04:27 PM   #636
AD720
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (73)
Partagas
AD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: iphone 4 just announced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitdavi View Post
Had a nice little surprise today. Hooked up the new iPhone to sync and get a nasty little message saying "iphone not compatible with this OSX version. Needs 10.5.8 to work". Was kind of pissed because it works on every version of windows but Apple is screwing their own people. I can't upgrade to 10.5.8 because it requires and intel processor and I'm running 10.4.11 on the last PPC they made before they switched over to the intel chips. Never in my wildest dreams did I think that it wouldn't be compatible with my computer. Oh well.....was able to activate it with Katie's computer, I just wont' be able to put any music on it until we buy that new desktop we've been eyeing. Usually I am a big defender of Apple but today I was really HOT!
I was pretty sure that 10.5 (Leopard) does work with PPC processors, it's 10.6 (Snow Leopard) that is Intel only...

Mac OS X v10.5 "Leopard" was released on October 26, 2007. It was called by Apple "the largest update of Mac OS X". It brought more than 300 new features.[86] Leopard supports both PowerPC- and Intel x86-based Macintosh computers; support for the G3 processor was dropped and the G4 processor required a minimum clock rate of 867 MHz, and at least 512 MB of RAM to be installed. The single DVD works for all supported Macs (including 64-bit machines). New features include a new look, an updated Finder, Time Machine, Spaces, Boot Camp[87] full support for 64-bit applications (including graphical applications), new features in Mail and iChat, and a number of new security features. Leopard is an Open Brand UNIX 03 registered product on the Intel platform. It was also the first BSD-based OS to receive UNIX 03 certification.[3][88] Leopard dropped support for the Classic Environment and all Classic applications.[89] pre-installed,
It was the final version of Mac OS X to support the PowerPC architecture.