View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 09:48 PM   #1
amsgpwarrior
amsgpwarrior

First Name: Aaron
Trading: (3)
Montecristo
amsgpwarrior is on a distinguished road
Default Casa Magna Colorado Robusto (2009)

Casa Magna Colorado Robusto (2009)

Size: 5.5x52
Origin: Nicaraguan
Wrapper: Nicaraguan
Binder: NIcaraguan
Filler: Nicaraguan
Price: $5.00

Check out other reviews @ http://aaronfoodandwino.blogspot.com

Just smoked through my last Casa Magna from a 5er I purchased awhile back in 2009. While many were totally confused as to why CA gave this one top honors, I was in total agreement. When considering everything this stick brought to the table as far as price, flavor, and aging ability; it scored very high in my book. So lets see the specs,......

Appearance:
Doesn't get much more beautiful than this. It has a dark brown super juicy, oily wrapper. There aren't too many cigars with a more oilier wrapper than this (except Gomez' Small Batches). Very small veins almost non existent.

Construction:
Epic construction is all I got to say. I don't if I got the best 5 pack in the world or what, but I never touched up a single cigar. Good touch of tightness to the cigar, with flawless draw. Burns razor sharp all the way tot he nub.

Flavor:
Has the nuances I like when a cigar gets some age on it. Pure Nica flavors on the light with a mild peppery blast and then sets cruise control to leather, nutmeg, and black tea land. I love black tea in my cigars, and it's rare to find it in a cigar so young.

Value:
It's $5. That's all I'm going to say.

Overall:
These have been the best five cigars I have ever smoked in the price range. The flavors are not in your face, but are not thin neither. It's more of a medium bodied smoke at this point. The only competition out there I have had at the same price is the Oliva Serie V Belicoso. I've also smoked new Casa Magnas recently, but they don't bring the enjoyment that these did with the age on them.

Rating: 94
amsgpwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote