View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 09:38 AM   #6
Zoomschwortz
I'm back

Trading: (3)
Zoomschwortz is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What makes a pipe a great pipe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuromancer View Post
Doesn't sound like you're having a good time with your pipes....if you don't mind spending a few $$$ (about $30 or so) I have an idea...go buy yourself a Dr. Grabow Omega...then call the phone number posted on this website...

http://www.tobaccotraderusa.com/savannah.html

Ask them to send you a free 1 ounce sample of their blend called Savannah...wait until you receive it to use the Dr. Grabow...when you have both items load the pipe not too loose and not too tight...leave the load sorta springy...let it sit for an hour or two to let the tobacco dry a bit then light up...it should smoke cool and burn easy even if you huff and puff away, and there should be no bite...if you still get bite and/or tongue scorching then perhaps pipe smoking is not for you but I would be surprised if you didn't enjoy this combination...the Dr. Grabow's come pre-smoked from the factory and require almost no break-in...the Savannah is a mild aromatic with a pleasant nutty sweet flavor...and it will light up right away and pretty much stay lit all the way down even if you smoke slowly which is the best method...give it a try...

Thank you for your help, I'll give it a try because pipes are the only thing I will smoke in the house. As much as I love cigars, to me they really stink the next day.

Thanks again.
Ken
Zoomschwortz is offline   Reply With Quote