Cigar Jesus

First Name: Dan
Trading: (46)
RyJ
DBall has disabled reputation
Default Re: DBall's Newb (and not-so-newb) Blind Taste Test #6

AdamJoshua Cigar #4

170 x 46

A very rustic wrapper, a little damage about half way up the stick, painted it up with a little pectin so hopefully it won't be an issue. The stick is firmly packed and the shoulder is a bit dry as you can see when I gave it a straight cut, a bit of the wrapper around the shoulder flaked away but nothing major.

First third: very mild start with lite smoke, starting this with a cup of coffee seems to have been a mistake to start. What I am getting to start is a sweetness, such lite smoke makes this a stick you have to concentrate on, don't get me wrong it's really good but for review purposes it's taking a little bit extra. Light gray ash that breaks away fairly easy, no a smoke to be enjoying while doing 90 down the 15 with the top down. For my life depended on it I'd say ...well I'd say anything but since my life doesn't depend on it I'd say I'm picking up a bit of honey, marzipan and sweet cream, not that big mouth full of creamy white....phrasing, boom nailed it, but just a hint.

Around the end of the first third their is some wood starting to ent it's way in, no spice of any kind that I can tell, a lot of tea, sweetness and a bit of wood, those are the stairs of the show.

Second Third: this cigar is right there on the razor's edge, I keep hoping it's going to pick up in strength, the favors are good just a bit muted for my goat palette, I'm hoping once it gets past the little repair the smoke will pick up, I can tell there is air drawing in there and even a little would be too much for how delicate this stick is.

End of the second third and a bit of spice is rearing it's head, the tiniest bit of white pepper really only noticeable on the snork and as a bit of a lingering note on the back of the tongue.

Final Third: smoke production is picking up and so is the spice, a bit of nose tickle on the retro-hale, of course when you have a um proud Jewish nose like I or Tucan Sam have that's not saying much, it would probably kill one of you lesser nosed people.

Half way through the final third and the pepper is really picking up.

Toasted wood toasted wood!!!! I finally picked something out that I don't have to hunt for and that would be, Bueller, Bueller?

Um, toasted wood. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who knows someone that smoked one of these and he said toasted wood at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty strong.

Thank you, Simone.

No problem what-so-ever.

This cigar really picked up at the end, I’m assuming that most of that had to do with smoking past the problem area, really needed a cigar bandaid, I think i need to go create, patent and sell those, lots of toasted wood, and light spice, the final third of this cigar really shined, if the entire cigar was like this it would have been much more enjoyable with the coffee and in general, as it was I ended up switching over to water about half way through just so the coffee didn’t overpower the stick.

I’m going to split the rating the two thirds was just very mild and lite smoke and I’d have to give it a 5 out of 10, while enjoyable I really had to work at it and none of us enjoy a cigar you have to work.

The final third I’d go with 8.5 out of 10, really strong notes, enjoyable and while strong it wasn’t overpowering, I will not there was a lot of nicotine to this stick, at least the end, time to dig out a couple chick-o-stick minis!

[/quote]