View Single Post
Old 09-23-2015, 01:29 PM   #1257
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: COFFEE: What are you drinking?

This morning, I was hanging out with a couple of cups of Cafe Bustelo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJrocker View Post
Having some Sumatra coffee today. Not as strong as I hoped. Next up is some Costa Rice coffee. Anyone have thoughts on that coffee?
Hello Rich,

Costa Rican coffee is spot-on! A good majority of beans I've had from that Country was good stuff. I still have some Costa Rica Peaberry green beans awaiting to be roasted.

In the early 90's, my wife and I visited the Country for 3 weeks (my in-laws were retired at the time on the West coast in a town named Samra). Prior to leaving Costa Rica, I had the opportunity to visit and tour Cafe Brit. CB sits on the slopes of 5 volcano's and some pretty fertile soil. Enjoyed seeing the fields, processing process, roasting of the green beans, how they taste, and of course, drinking of the final product.

There are other growers (co-ops, etc) in Costa Rica that produce coffee beans, and there is some good stuff that originates from that Country.

Enjoy!