View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 11:48 AM   #58
Commander Quan
Feeling at Home

First Name: Derrick
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
Commander Quan has a spectacular aura aboutCommander Quan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Paleo Diet & Lifestyle

Earl that's the first time I've seen that site. I enjoyed it thanks.

I agree that having a partner that's not into paleo can be frustrating. For a long time, my wife pushed back at me when I would encourage her to consider making some dietary changes instead opting for the "everything in moderation[ish]" approach, so I let it go. She however was a huge part of me have success since she does most of the cooking in the house, and enjoys doing it. I'd find recipes, and ask her to make them for me for my lunches and had no issues doing that. Our situation is unique in that she works 9-5 and I work from whenever until 9 pm. So except for weekends, we hardly ever eat meals together.

After a while, and seeing positive results from me she did start warming up to the idea, and even did the Whole 30 plan with me for the month of January. which was a huge step for her, and has actually enjoyed it, and commented on how much better she feels.

It's frustrating when someone sticks their fingers in their ears, but do the best you can and maybe some of the changes will rub off on her.

As far as the will power issue, make positive changes incrementally, I can almost promise you that if candy and doughnuts don't get eaten, eventually they will quit being bought.
Commander Quan is offline   Reply With Quote