First Name: Ted
Trading: (87)
QdO
tedrodgerscpa has disabled reputation
Default Re: Corretto roaster, or how to start roasting for less than $100.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris. View Post
LOL!

Thanks for the tips ted. There's a fella from up north on youtube who recommended a krups and a cruisinart and showed a nice little sharpening mod to make them even better. I may go for one of them. Part of me wants to save money and buy a Skerton, but I've read too many bad things about its coarse consistency and bushings wearing out around the shaft...

I've also contemplated making a drum roaster out of a couple big ass colanders and some sort of fire element. Shouldn't too difficult since I have the means to weld something together.
A skerton sounds like a great idea until you crank that M.F. about 10,000 times, and then you hate it.

I have a vintage hand grinder that I hate with a passion. It makes a great grind, but I hate it.

My guess is krups or cuisinart will get the job done. Just expect to upgrade should you want to dabble in espresso / turkish / pour-over. Hell, anything listed as a 'burr grinder' on buy.com, w00t, groupon, living social, whatever should do the job. That way you're not blowing your budget.

A 'decent' grinder will run about $175 to start, and the sky is the limit. If you're gonna go cheap now, might as well go really cheap. Just my

Everyday I'm shufflin...
tedrodgerscpa is offline   Reply With Quote