View Single Post
Old 04-23-2020, 02:34 PM   #12
Havanaaddict
Man in Black!!!

Trading: (1)
Havanaaddict will become famous soon enoughHavanaaddict will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Your cigar journey

Well I was in high school and this guy came up to me and said try this.... Wait you said cigar journey
Ok it all started around 95' the wife won a trip to go to the Caribbean and on the way back home there was a guy reading a cigar aficionado I thought that the mag looked so cool, back then it was a giant mag like 20"x 12. I asked if I could read it and when I got back home I went to a cigar shop and bought a cigar called Rum Runners. It had a sweet taste and I liked that. Then when the wife found out she was pregnant I went out and bought a Cognac infused cigar in a tube. I ran a small body shop 8 to 10 guys, I started to fallow cigar aficionados top 10 cigars. Every day I would go out and find one of the cigars on the list and then at lunch I would walk around out by the guys and smoke. I did this everyday and I had a wholesale car flipper guy that would bring me a hand full of cigars every week to get me to give him a good deal. I left the body shop and became a Stay at home dad, still smoked ever night in the garage. The next step was I started searching out Padron Anniversary, AF Hemingway's and Opus X smoked these for a few years. I then met a guy that worked at the Dunhill store in the mall and sold cubans for $20 ea on the side. It was not long before I met another guy and I started to buy a hand full at a time. I was still only smoking a NC everyday and 1 or 2 cubans a month. Met a few other guys and we started buying a few boxes at a time with his online source and splitting them. Within a few years I was smoking only cubans and never looked back. I worked PT for the next 10 years at a cigar lounge and my cigar smoking went up to 4 a day! And after my 2nd child was born I built a smoking room with ventilation in the house. It was been a fun ride