View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 05:21 PM   #1
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default The 'I done blended it up" Thread

I like alot of what I have smoked so far, Escudo, McConnel's Scottish Cake, Bow-Legged Bear and some others.
But in many forum threads on blends, you see references to quick home-blending experiments to test what might happen.
Feel Free to place your ideas in this thread where made-up blends are documented and taste-tested.

"Memphis Blue Hangover" I took a sniff of the McConnells Scottish Cake and knew it would be perfect to tone down
Junkyard Dog and Bow-Legged Bear. I like all three, but am too new to really know if I like Latakia or not. Burley is
no better for me at this point. So I took:

2 parts McConnell's Scottish Cake
2 parts Frogmorton On the Town
1 Part Junkyard Dog
1 part Bow-legged Bear

The only trick is the cuts on all are basically a short cut ribbon or shred and the McConnell's is a "partially-rubbed"
flake I think, that looked like coins cut up a little. If you want to mix this excellent Va-Per, you might want to cut
it into 1/2 inch bits. Mix Thoroughly and enjoy. Just enough of the Orientals to salty up that good Virginia and
Perique sweetness and body up the taste with some of that raisin-ny-figgy tin aroma manifested in smoke.
I like this alot, with the smokey Latakia giving it that Memphis Edge.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote