View Single Post
Old 08-21-2014, 11:18 AM   #680
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of
Default Re: Just joined the forum and just received my humidor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegger View Post
Joined the forum yesterday and received my 50ct humidor today...... and to say that I am a little confused would be a huge understatement.

Wipe it with water, bowl of distilled water, sponges, beads, gel.... boveda??

Would really like to get it right the first time so what is the best way to season a new humidor, after it is seasoned what is the easiest most efficient way to keep the RH at a proper level?

I live in Winnipeg, Canada so winters are pretty harsh.

I am sorry, I know this question has probably been asked and answered a billion times......

I appreciate any and all assistance.

Greg
Do NOT wipe it with water, water has a good chance of warping the wood and you won't have that super tight seal you want.

Either get a seasoning pack or just use a sponge, dampen the sponge with distilled (make sure it is distilled) water and place it on a plate inside the humidor, close it up and leave it closed, don't keep checking on it, let it sit for a couple days and check the sponge, you might have to re-dampen it a couple of times. Then after a few days drop in your hygrometer and close it back up, check it after a day or so and see where it's at.

After you get it seasoned I would suggest Shilia Beads, there are links all over the site for them

Best of luck!
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote