View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 05:01 PM   #667
jetsman2806
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Norman
Trading: (0)
Montecristo
jetsman2806 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaga View Post
Actually I would recommend that you get some humidity beads and any humidor that you think will be built well enough to contain the light of a flashlight from showing in a dark room. However, if you want to go the route of a sponge and solution, the box you buy may already come with these. Good enough. Personally, I would use a Tupperware box if I was just starting out, get a bead tube and use that, but I understand the beauty of the humidor.

ok cool i will check it out thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoFlogged View Post
Hey Norman, there is so much information already covered on this in the forum and you will get answers from using Tupperware containers, to coolers, to zip lock bags, to jars, to humidors. All of these if done correctly are exactly what you need. Do you want it to look pretty sitting on a desk, do you just want your cigars to be at the proper humidity level and don't care what the container looks like. SOOOO much good information inside here.

I will offer a suggestion and you could get 100 different opinions after mine.

Go to a local brick and motar (B&M) cigar shop or go online to a good retailer and get a package deal. You can get a small humidor, cutter, package of cigars, lighter, humidifier, etc. for $40 and up. This will give you everything you need to start the process at least plus start figuring out what cigars you like. Samplers packs are also great as you get to try a bunch of different cigars for a lower cost.

For a small humidor like this, you don't need much humidification if the humidor seals well. Then as you learn more about cigars and your stash grows, you can buy a larger humidor or cooler and really create a nice collection. The beauty is you can then hand down your smaller items to a new person and get them on the road of enjoying cigars.

My

i'll check through the forum and see the different types you mentioned. personally i dont mind getting a humidor that i can place on my desk it does have a nice look to it lol, but until i actually get one a temp setup could work fine.

thanks very much for your advice.
jetsman2806 is offline   Reply With Quote