View Single Post
Old 05-09-2022, 08:16 AM   #3044
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all
Default Re: The Bourbon Thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Solid pours James.

I recently did a trade with a local guy from a FB bourbon group. 15 Booker's samples from me for 15 Elijah Craig Barrel Proof samples from him. Started working my way through them, 12 different batches from 2017-2021, and 3 single barrel store picks. Going to take me all week, but who's complaining?
That sounds awesome! Hope you did them blind, that's where I start having fun. Did 15x Russell's Reserve warehouses in a blind bracket last year, the process of tasting and raking make me really focus on what I was drinking. While most were fairly similar, there were two that both beat out high end Russell's in one final blind matchup at the end (RR13 and RR 2003)

Had the pleasure last weekend of trying, among other things, a 1960's airplane bottle of Makers from an airline that's long gone. After sitting in a glass for a while this stuff was really great, wish the stuff they're making now was as good as the stuff they were making back then