View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 06:59 AM   #19
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: Job you wanted when you were young compared to Today?

When I was young I wanted to work on an "amblumance" (yes, I said it as I spelled it). Then I wanted to be a harpooner on an old style whaling ship or a fighter pilot in WWI or WWII (yes, I wanted to travel back in time to do so). I did consider the Air Force Academy and being a pilot, but ended up going in church work - first degree in education and teaching in Lutheran schools for 4 years before finally finishing my MDiv and becoming a pastor.

I still like to dream though. I see a special shop in my future - 1/3 smoke shop, 1/3 fine beverage shop, 1/3 outfitter - it would be in building with three wings, obviously 2 of them being much, much smaller. In the center would be a public lounge (with TVs, big comfy chairs, a couple tables, and serving wild game and other fare, where people could gather for a cigar, beverage, etc...) surrounded by some sound proof lounge rooms w/TVs where those who wanted to, could gather with just a couple people to watch hunting or fishing programs/videos/tutorials.

Yeah, rather ambitious and probably never happen - but it is nice to dream.

Peace of the Lord be with you.