View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 01:13 AM   #13
iaMkcK
Feeling at Home

First Name: Jarrett
Trading: (8)
HUpmann
iaMkcK will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Job you wanted when you were young compared to Today?

Well the reason I got into Computer Programming at such a young age was because at age 6 I started using mIRC and met a lot of people on DAL.net -- Some of them being hackers. So by age 8, I was making what amounted to simple FTP clients using Visual Basic so I could root computers effectively and maintain access. It mostly started with me just taking source codes and editing them to how I wanted them to work. I've made Hello World apps in many languages: BASIC, C++, C#, J++, PHP.. Several coding languages that I never mastered. :-)

I mostly went to being a white hat after getting myself hacked when I was like 11. Good learning experience, to get beaten by the big boys. Anyways...

OH, and besides just a job I wanted, I wanted to be Al Bundy from Married With Children. I ran into one of my childhood friends moms, she told me at her sons 9th birthday.. I had 4 fingers down the front of my pants, with the thumb outside of my pants, just like Bundy. I was laughing my ass off when I heard that.
iaMkcK is offline   Reply With Quote