Old 12-18-2010, 12:32 PM   #15
timj219
Feeling at Home

First Name: Tim
Trading: (15)
Partagas
timj219 will become famous soon enoughtimj219 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: School me...I'm taking notes

Others have pointed out that a local roaster has better coffee than starbucks. They are right. But there are poor local roasters as well as good ones. You can end up overpaying for coffee that is no better than what you can buy in a starbucks bag. And the starbucks, while far from coffee ne plus ultra, is still in a different league from the canned coffee most people drink. The company has introduced millions of people to the world of real coffee. That many of those people have moved beyond the brand does not mean it's terrible.

By all means if you enjoy the starbucks, start looking for local roasters and get yourself a french press. The cheapest french press (or manual drip) will make better coffee than 90% of the electric drip machines out there. That combination will take you as far above starbucks in a mr coffee as starbucks is from lukewarm chock full o nuts.

If you end up one day with an expresso machine, a french press, a high end electric drip, a burr grinder, and a standing order at a local roaster don't blame us.