View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 07:19 PM   #9
floydpink
crazy diamond

First Name: Pete
Trading: (17)
Cohiba
floydpink has disabled reputation
Default Re: Rocky....To Dose or Not To Dose?

Pete,

By "sweeps", are you referring to the putting of tape on the bottom of the vanes?

I've contemplated this and now that there is finally action in the forum, I'm thinking of doing it again.

Speaking of grinders, I am on a twice a year program where I open up the grinder and really get into the burrs for a good cleaning.

This was how I fried my Gaggia grinder as I locked up the burrs putting it back together and it cooked the machine when I turned it on.

That was the end of inferior grinders and pushed me into the prosumer model which is a breeze to clean and doesn't have all the pieces and plastic of the "almost good enough" grinders. It sucked at the time, but was a blessing in the end as I'd probably still be tinkering with the Gaggia and getting good grinds occassionally instead of every day.

I've also made damn sure to heed the importand advice of NEVER adjusting burrs WITHOUT the grinder running.

I've heard of some running white rice through the grinder to clean, but prefer to really get inside and use stuff like a cigar draw tool to make those burrs shine.

PS. The Super Jolly is a worthy contender for one of the best grinders out there IMO, but how the heck do you fit the hopper anywhere near a counter?

I'm under the impression that the Mazzer mini took the lead from the Macap M4 and trimmed down the SJ's hopper but is essentially the same as the SJ in all other aspects, but of course could be wrong.

Last edited by floydpink; 11-16-2010 at 07:28 PM.
floydpink is offline   Reply With Quote