Trading: (7)
Partagas
borndead1 has a spectacular aura aboutborndead1 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: blind 10 spot review(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEE View Post
Mark # 10 - hoya de nicaragua

Very interesting.

This was the only cigar that Andy didn't get because he was the one I was actually challenging to the Reyes part of this. I'm wondering if you psyched out and thought you were smoking a Reyes stick and your brain told you what to taste vs what you were actually tasting. Almost like if were given an Opus X with a Mac label.... Would we still think it tasted like an Opus X? This is very interesting.

Not a big fan of JdN...that might explain it. Smoked a few Celebracions and did not like them at all, smoked a few Antanos that were OK but nothing special. I found that they needed too much humi time for a NC. I guess I coulda been a little bit psyched out though.

My final word on Reyes cigars:

I've smoked a lot of them over the past few years, and they all had a familiar flavor and aroma that I just don't like. Obviously they have fans or they wouldn't have been in business this long. Maybe it's the way they cure or ferment their tobacco, I dunno.

But hey, that's what makes this hobby/obsession of ours so interesting. Different smokes for different folks. It's the same with food. I don't like asparagus. To me, PIs are the equivalent of smoking asparagus.

EEE -- thanks for the challenge, bro. It was an eye-opening experience.
borndead1 is offline   Reply With Quote