View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 12:51 PM   #1
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default I need some computer building geek help, please.

I have to build a new computer for my office. My last build was from around 05, and she's done me good.

What I'll be doing is photoediting, maybe some gaming (and I say that knowing I never will play anything unless I go back to some old titles), possible some light videoediting.
Mainly I'll need opengl support for some CAD-ish stuff as related to designing wood projects.
I need at least 5.1 for my music.
I need AT LEAST 3 MONITOR SUPPORT with and option to expand if I so chose, up to six monitors. (Up to six is not even really necessary, but 3 is an absolute. I'd like to add a fourth at minimum).

I would like to use AMD AM3 4 or 6 core on an ASUS AM3 mobo with ATI video cards. (I am an asus/amd fanboi. I've had huge success with their stuff for lots of years.)
I do not need cutting edge screamer anything, but I would like my mobo and cpu to provide a little future flexibility.
I like to have lots of storage capacity, so room for 4 sata hdd's is a must. 6 or more would even be better.
I'd like a HUGE tower that provides tons of room to move air. I like to run two dvd burners, so two large bays is enough, although a few extra would be great.
Oh, I need a good gaggle of usb ports, too.

I can't think of anything else offhand. Anything you guys can suggest will help. It'll get me headed in the right direction and help me start getting a parts list together.
Thanks You!!!
Any suggestions on parts would be awesome,