View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 09:01 AM   #88
nozero

Thumbs up Re: Stray black lab mix story.

From Jan

Quote:
Sadie is doing well, otherwise. She actually ate this morning for the first time. She got a bath last night. She is still very skiddish but she is warming up to me. Yesterday when I went home for lunch, I took her outside and when we went back in the house she just walked right back in the crate. Last night I left the crate door open but she didn’t get back in. When I am home she lays in the entrance to the bedroom, but when I am not home she seems to like the crate. I have been taking her on short walks. Last night some kids were playing and a baseball hit the wood fence and it scared her so bad, we cut our walk short. I am going to keep taking her on walks, increasing the distance a little bit at a time. She is such a sweet girl.

If you want to wait awhile on the money, that is fine. That is so nice of you and Debbie. She is going to be on the preventative for 2 months before the treatment begins. Guess I better get to work!
I was pretty sure Jan new this was a potential problem. We don't like to think about these things but they are very real. I think Sadie will do just fine. The longer Sadie is with Jan, the better I feel about what I've done. I hope to get to see her when I take Jan the money.