View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 11:24 AM   #33
taltos
Really, really old

First Name: Paul
Trading: (3)
Punch MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
taltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: NHL '11 - '12 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
Seems so weird. Remember last year when I posted this. He was troubled.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NrPP...e_gdata_player

Honestly this is bad and is really showing a serious issue within the sport. I just keep wondering if it will get worse before better. Think back in just over a year four guys who played the fighter and paid the price.

Potomski, Probert, Bougard, Rypien and I may be missing someone. All had apparent substance abuse problems and likely suffered repeated concussions which contributed to or caused death. I personally think the concussion depression link and substance abuse relation are all intertwined. Crosby is still having concussion symptoms. More needs to be done to protect the players brains. Clearly concussions are impacting the league like never before.

Sorry for being serious for a moment. Return to posting pictures of guys holding up the cup.
Mike, you give us something to think about. First of all, rest in peace Mr. Rypien, you were a worthy opponent.The concussion angle makes me think about Lucic as an enforcer and Bergeron and Savard as concussion victims. Kind of scares you that some very good players could be at risk because of hits in the head. Makes me glad that my daughter did not play the game. Thank you for the thoughtful post.