Old 09-08-2010, 11:27 AM   #1195
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation
Default Re: What's in your smoker?

Forrest thanks for the link I read about the chimney extension somewhere else, but will be reading up on the site to get more info on mods. The chimney does hang down a little but only like an inch. Guess I will look into getting a muffler shop to make a down pipe. Unitl then I will use what I got .

Adam it is defiently the old one with very thick metal. Its a friggin tank I almost lost it unloading it from the truck . There is a gap between the chimney and grill. Thought it was a few inches will double check.

There is an ACE down the street will get a few bricks there today. Got an angle grinder and water tile saw so I am pretty sure I can shape them.

I noticed the air gap on the fire door box. Will seal that up today. Didnt even notice those holes in the back LOL. Fail on my part.

Will cook the meat using the method you said. Picked up a meath thermometer yesterday As for prep I did it last night. garlic and salt rub. Tri tip to me just does not need a lot of seasoning if it is cooked right to taste awesome. its one of my favorite cuts of meat. Funny its such a west coast thing.
Ahbroody is offline   Reply With Quote