View Single Post
Old 08-20-2015, 08:01 PM   #17
RWhisenand
Feeling at Home

First Name: Rob
Trading: (7)
Punch AirForce (Served With Honor)
RWhisenand will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Acquiring rare Bourbons - Any tips?

I acquired a bottle of Bulliet Burbon in the coolest manner today. We're up at our place in Lake Tahoe and I'm loading up a kayak and my wife's paddle board when a large pickup truck rolls up to hook up to a trailer across from the kayak rack. I tell him that I'll only be a minute and he'll have the lot to himself, easier to hook up that way. He gets out and introduces himself and says he is looking for iconic locations to photograph a custom trailer he is using to market his distillery. Wow, I say, we love good Scotch and Burbon, and proceed to give him directions to a few places I think will go good with his plan. He and I talk Burbon for several minutes, he thanks me for my " local" knowledge and hands me a bottle of Bulliet Burbon! Way cool! I thank him, tell him his Burbon and Rye are some of our favorites, and send him on his way. He thanks me several times for helping him, he'll be putting the pictures on Instagram, and once they are up I'll share the link. The new bottle is resting in our liquor cabinet waiting for a good reason to open it up. Cheers!