View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 10:09 PM   #42
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice
Default Re: Cigar health issues...do you guys ever worry about it???

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
The relaxation I get from cigars reduces my personal risk of stress induced stroke tenfold....that's all I nned to know.
This is my philosophy to a tee. When my wife and I first started getting serious years ago she gave me a little grief about smoking cigars especially since she quit smoking cigarettes because she knew I despised them. I flat out told her that if the cigars were gone that the stress would get me much faster than the cigars ever could. Plus I backed it up by showing her a laundry list of people who smoked 3-5 a day who lived well into their 90's. Needless to say she saw my point and stopped giving me grief about it. Years later my spending on the hobby became an issue but I quickly learned how to mask that so that it didn't look as bad. She's even gotten better on that front too so it's been a win win all around but I do make sure I keep most of what I buy quiet and don't flaunt it. No need to re-ignite that issue. I also only smoke between 1 or 2 a week most often so it's not like I am like most cigarette smokers and just mowing down sticks non stop freight train style. For me it's a way to sit and relax and forget about the stresses of everyday life for an hour or two whether it's sitting outside with a stick and a drink or hanging out with the guys smoking and shooting the sh*t. If it ever did become an issue with my health I know I could quit in a heart beat even though I would really miss the social aspect of it but I know I would have the ability to stop cold turkey if needed.