View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 01:23 PM   #105
germantown rob
Still not Adjusted

First Name: Rob
Trading: (1)
Partagas
germantown rob is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mokapots, Moka, or Stovetop Espresso, Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Moo View Post
EvanS got one and thinks it's the greatest thing since roasted coffee beans. Given everything he did to botch up making crema-covered moka with a regular (proper) mokapot I have figured the Brikka is a cop-out utensil for sissies. I know he smokes a lot of burley so, naturally, the red flag was already up on his ideas of what is right and wrong.
LOL!

Quote:
I would value your opinion on the performance compared to Bialetti Express.
Do I have a fever? No I am just Blushing.

Quote:
What size did you get, btw?
The largest of course. The 4 cup produces roughly the same as a 3 cup moka.

It is different and is tough to put side by side with a moka pot. The entire brew process is only 5 secs long compared to 30 secs in a moka pot so it doesn't have the developed flavors which I am so accustomed to.

The challenge now is to work with the amount of bean and grind size since the pressure is predetermined by the widget (a weight that blocks the spout). I have already found vast differences from the cups made with 20g-30g and the grind from what I use on the aluminum moka pot and what I use in the Stainless pot. It was suggested by someone to try even coarser grind with less bean, so there is much to play with.

I find it difficult to view the Brikka as different from a moka pot but the results I have had so far suggest it is a brew method of it's own.
germantown rob is offline   Reply With Quote