Feeling at Home

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (42)
RyJ
big a will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Back surgery input

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
I herniated a lower disk like 15 years ago and did all the treatments you can think of outside of surgery. Don't do more the 2 cortisone shots and leave surgery as an absolute last resort. It's better to live with slight pain than risk surgery.

My recommendations after a lot of professional medical and sports expertise are:

Stretching legs, hip, rear end, and lower back; daily.
Chiropractor - they will set the frequency.
Strengthening core with Pilates or Yoga - be careful with Yoga; it is not contest, don't worry what other are doing in class...

The stretching allows the back relieve the pressure on the spine and allow the spine to sit naturally along with chiropractic adjustment. If the spine straight and supple, all the energy can flow correct from nerves. I

If you are straight, limber, & strong core with still debilitating pain; then you are a candidate for surgery or next steps.
Thanks for the advice. I'm back in pt doing more core building and stretching. Already feeling slight relief. The pain is not bad this time so I'm really hopeful I can manage it and get in better shape, work on core and stretching and avoid surgery for as long as possible.

All my doctors have said absolutely not to go to a chiropractor. I know this is always a big topic for back issues, not looking to start that debate lol.