View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 07:30 PM   #179
SilverFox

Default Re: How to Freeze and the Science behind it. Long Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosierguy View Post
I haven't read all the posts here but as I await a delivery from UPS, something struck me.
You guys are saying that most manufacturers freeze the cigars to kill eggs/larva before they are shipped to the retails.
It seems to me that the delivery to your house may be were the cigars are exposed to high temps, triggering the beetles. Could it be that paying extra for, say a two day delivery, is worth the price? A seven or nine day delivery might mean that your cigs spend as much as a week in a very hot warehouse somewhere.
Just a thought.
I think that this is more of a maybe than an actual regular occurrence. At least from a CC perspective. I cannot speak to NC's as I don't have or get any.

Bob's comments are mostly right in my mind. It is all the intermediary steps you have to be concerned about. From manufacturer to storage facility to wholesaler to retailer to you and whatever happens in between.

I have friends that as recently as last month have had sticks arrive with live bugs in em.......still give me nightmares.