View Single Post
Old 03-22-2014, 01:25 AM   #5
RGD.
God Like Status

First Name: Ron
Trading: (1)
VR Army (Served With Honor)
RGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Need Help - Re: Trauma/Doctor/Gunshot

Thanks Cliff -

Not that it makes a difference, but it's technically a matchlock instead of a flintlock as I first stated.

As far as the story goes - this scene takes place near the end of the book so I don't need to show/tell that she has survived for another chapter - just need to imply that she does survive regardless of length of recovery.

What I do need to detail though is the damage she sustains and the steps taken to save her. And it's about 45 seconds I need before she passes out as she needs to try a say something . . .

In addition - the shooter does not intend to shoot her at the moment - he does so through muscle reflex. So if a direct shot causes to much damage that I can't make the reader believe that she does/can survive - is it possible that the shot could be fired, hit say a stone column, wall or floor next to her - and she is hit from a ricochet? Did these lead based rounds ricochet at all?

Two pictures that I have included: one is of the weapon itself, a Tanegashima pistol. The second is the typical rounds produced during the Edo period in Japan. The far right round is for a Tanegashima rifle with a barrel of .530. The far left round is for the pistol.

Ron

Last edited by RGD.; 03-22-2014 at 01:33 AM. Reason: Pictures didn't show up -
RGD. is offline   Reply With Quote