View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 06:57 AM   #47
Wanger

Default Re: Any triathletes here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucubed View Post
Aldrin (s0leful0ne), David (mexi-can), Patrick (pfm721) and myself will be doing our first sprint triathlon this September at Lake Eola in Orlando...well hopefully that is. We've started training back in I want to say April but I could be wrong.
Kevin, if you guys keep doing them, we will have to plan for me to come down there and all run one together. At some point, maybe I'll do the Clermont tri, since that's where all the in-laws are.

I started off last year just wanting to do it, as a challenge from my brother. My first one got me hooked, and I love it. I'm not the fastest out there, but just being part of it and being able to say "I did this." is what is the lure to me. I love the training and the feeling on race day makes it all worthwhile. I have found it to be an amazing endorphin rush and I can see myself continuing to do this for several years. I don't really have an ultimate goal, but I think it would be truly cool to be able to go and do "THE" Ironman in Hawaii some day. If I really wanted to compete for titles in my age group, I'd have to seriously upgrade my bike and change my training plan. But I'm fine where I'm at right now.