View Single Post
Old 08-22-2014, 04:02 PM   #685
Byaah
BYAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

First Name: Brandon
Trading: (2)
Army (Disabled Vet)
Byaah is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)

I have a question about lighting a cigar. I *plan* on getting a torch when I can afford it but the question is not about what I should buy, but how do you do it?

How close to you hold the flame?

Do you draw while lighting?

If you hold the flame close, do you let it make contact?

How long should you light a cigar? What I mean is, you can light it in 2 seconds (and I assume burn the tobacco more than you should?) or do you normally take 20, 30, 40 seconds to do it?

If my cigar goes out (I really try to never let this happen) I will cut just above where the tobacco was burning and start "fresh" and do the whole thing over again, is this the proper way to handle this situation?

Last question will be weird, so I will try and explain it the best I can but if I make no sense, just don't worry about it, maybe my palate is dumb and needs to put in some more time:

Sometimes when I smoke cigars, about 1/2 way through the cigar, it will get a very "green" taste to it. Kind of grassy, almost like it's to young (pure speculation, just trying to describe it). The taste is not very pleasant, I don't know if I smoking the cigar to fast or what?
Byaah is offline   Reply With Quote