Thread: Battling fleas!
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 10:43 PM   #2
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice
Default Re: Battling fleas!

Not sure what to do about the fleas. Maybe an exterminator. Since moving to NC my wife and I have been using a company since day 1 and they come on a regular basis and we have zero bug issues in the house and our two dogs never had any kind of flea issues. We don't even use the medication they have unless we see any fleas on them which was only once on our Carolina Dog (American Dingo) when they spent a good part of the day playing at the dog park.
As far as worms go I wouldn't be too concerned about your other dogs or your wife and yourself as long as you start medicating her right away. The Carolina Dog we have got worms once when we went back to NY for a week one Christmas. We noticed it when we stopped on the way home to let the dogs out and saw them in the back of the car on the blanket. It was disgusting to say the least. We called the Vet on the way home and ordered her medication so we could have a friend pick it up as it was a Saturday afternoon and they're closed on Sundays. We got home and started giving her the medication and she was good within a couple of days. We kept an eye on our Min Pins stool and had her tested but she never got it and she was riding in the back of the car with the other dog and when we were in NY they were crated at night together whereas at home they stay in their own crates at night and the Min Pin never got them. I would say as long as the other dogs and you and your wife aren't eating the infected dogs stool you should be good. We think the Carolina Dog got it because she is a Turd burglar.